EDS - Engine Data Scan -- The Ultra Compact Automotive Vehicle Built-in Computer, Data Scan Tool, Scangauge, Digital Gauges..
What is EDS?
Engine Data Scan (EDS) is a plug-in device which allows you to read and reset Engine Management fault codes. Other functions allow you to display and record engine data in real time.
EDS installs in just minutes without tools and does not require batteries or an external power source. All data and power are derived from the single OBDII Data Link Connection.
EDS Vehicle Compatibility
EDS is a compact 4 in 1 computer which plugs into the OBD2 port of modern OBD2 compatible vehicles. please check our vehicle list for EDS.
EDS works as a scan tool to help you troubleshoot problems of OBD2/EOBD compliant vehicles.
- Works with OBDII compliant vehicles.
- Reads & clears trouble codes.
- Easily determines the cause of the “Check Engine Light (MIL)”.
- Turns off Check Engine Light, and resets monitors.
- Views freeze frame data.
- Displays monitor and I/M readiness status.
- Retrieves vehicle information (VIN, CIN and CVN).
In Gauge mode, EDS can show up to four different sets of information simultaneously, providing real-time engine performance analysis, allowing you to adjust driving behavior and save fuel. EDS is not programmable for further data channels.
(EDS is a slave gauge and can only display data channels that are sent out to it from the engines computer. The number of channels will vary between vehicle models but may include the channels listed).
- Fuel system status
- Vehicle speed
- Engine coolant temperature
- Fuel Pressure
- Intake manifold absolute pressure
- Engine speed
- Calculated load value
- Ignition Timing
- Intake air temperature
- Absolute throttle position
- Battery voltage
- Short term fuel trim
- Oxygen sensor output voltage
- Air flow rate
- Commanded secondary air status
Depending on the available data sent out by the engines computer, EDS will display such useful information as average trip kilometers per litre (km/l), tank km/l, average speed per trip, average speed per tank of fuel, kilometers to empty, kilometers driven on tank, and more.
- Maximum Speed
- Average Speed
- Driving Time
- Driving Distance
- Fuel Used
- Trip Fuel Economy
- Distance to Empty
- Time to Empty
- Fuel to Empty
- Engine Power
Car Black Box
EDS works like a "Black Box" saving informative trip data.
- Time and date for each trip
- Distance travelled each trip
- Maximum speed during trip
- Time over speed
- Times of extreme acceleration during trip
- Times of extreme deceleration during trip
- Times of hard acceleration and braking
- Average speed
- Average fuel consumption